When purchasing a vehicle, many people will strongly consider the vehicle's fuel efficiency - the better gas mileage your vehicle can get, the less you'll have to spend on gas over the years. While this is definitely a selling point, not all vehicles have the outstanding fuel efficiency that some drivers hope for. We've discovered that many people wonder if there's a way that they can increase their current vehicle's fuel efficiency, even if just by a little bit - and the answer is yes!
While there's no secret to boosting your fuel efficiency immensely, small changes here and there can actually make a difference when it comes to how often you find yourself filling up your tank. Here are some of our top tips for how you can boost your vehicle's fuel efficiency:
- Always make sure that your tires have the proper air pressure. Under-inflated tires can actually decrease fuel efficiency because it takes more effort for your vehicle to move. Properly inflated tires will give you the best fuel efficiency possible.
- Drive safer! When you avoid slamming on the accelerator and brakes, you actually use less gas overall.
- Clean out your trunk - a heavy vehicle takes more effort to move, so the less junk you have in your car, the better gas mileage you'll have.
- Be sure that your gas cap is always tightly sealed and if it doesn't seem to have suction on the cap, get it fixed!
- Stay on top of your vehicle's maintenance items - the better you take care of your vehicle, the more efficiently it will run and the less you'll find yourself spending on gas.
These are just some of the ways in which you can maximize your vehicle's gas mileage potential. The most important item to remember is good maintenance - when you take care of your car, it will run well and efficiently.
If you notice that your vehicle's fuel efficiency has drastically decreased, this could be a sign of an engine or exhaust issue. We recommend bringing your vehicle into our shop as soon as you notice this because it could be an issue that needs to be resolved quickly.
Give us a call here at Quality Tune-Up Auto Care or stop by our shop today!