The year is coming to an end, and it's time for you to consider what your new year's resolutions will be for 2022. Most people set goals to better their lifestyle, so why not make a few of them involve your car? By spending a little extra time and effort in maintaining your vehicle, you can save yourself from headaches, time, and money in the long run.
At Quality Tune-Up Car Care Center, we believe that auto care should be something everyone can improve on. Preventative maintenance pays off all year, every year. Alongside regular maintenance, you may also want to kick those bad driving habits to the side as well! Here is a list of some resolutions that your car may want you to put on your list:
- Perform tire pressure checks at home every month using a tire pressure gauge. This will ensure you have safe and fuel-efficient rides.
- Wash your car every month. If better hygiene is one of your focuses for 2022, then you may want to include hygienic practices for your vehicle too.
- Be on time with your fluid changes, especially your engine oil and filter changes. Aside from your most frequent maintenance item, please check the levels and conditions, including the transmission, power steering, and brake solution.
- Stop unnecessaryidling. Idling is bad for your wallet, your car, and the environment. Nowadays, the majority of cars can warm up in under a minute.
- Drive slower. Most people tend to speed, especially if they're in a hurry. But the reality of speeding is that it doesn't make a significant enough difference in getting you to your destination. So slow your roll!
We hope some of these have inspired you to add them to your New Year's resolutions. A new year means a new and better you (and car). For all your auto needs, please do not hesitate to bring your car to Quality Tune-Up Car Care Center!